Caption.Ed works beautifully with Zoom calls, to allow you to receive accurate captions and an editable transcript. Below we talk you through how to get Caption.Ed running with Zoom.
In the Browser
When wanting to caption Zoom meetings with the browser app you'll need to ensure you open the Zoom meeting within the browser. To do this:
- Click on the meeting link
- Click open in browser
Once the meeting is open in the browser you can then use Caption.Ed browser plug-in to add captions. To do this:
- Click on the Caption.Ed icon
- Press start
On the Desktop
If you want to caption a Zoom meeting that has been opened within the Zoom app, you'll need to use the Caption.Ed Desktop app. The desktop app can be accessed through your admin panel.
To run Caption.Ed with a Zoom meeting on your desktop.
- Open the Zoom Meeting
- Open Caption.Ed Desktop app
- Within the Caption.Ed app set 'Audio Source' to 'Computer'
4. Click 'Start'
5. The captioning bar should appear on the screen and provide you with captions of your meeting
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]