Below is a guide to using Microsoft Teams and Caption.Ed together. This walk-through shows you how to use the browser version of Caption.Ed rather than the desktop application.
- Open the meeting URL/ meeting link in Chrome or Edge.
- Next select the option to 'continue on this browser' as highlighted below.
- This will open the meeting which you will then need to join.
- Click the 'join meeting' button which will then ask the host of the meeting to allow you to join the meeting.
- Once you've joined the meeting, you'll then need to start up Caption.Ed.
- Click the Caption.Ed application in the top right corner of your tab, as highlighted below.
- Select the subject from the drop-down menu, or leave on default British English.
- Next click start, as highlighted below.
- You should no see the Captioning bar appear on your screen and as participants speak text will appear in the box.
- You can download your transcript by clicking the 'download' button highlighted below.
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]