Help Centre
Open navigation

Access to Work license

Access to Work is a UK government-funded grant scheme designed to support people with physical and/or mental health conditions start and stay in employment.

Depending on the needs of the individual, the grant can help pay for specialist software, including Caption.Ed, as well as adaptive equipment, a support worker and/or travel expenses to and from work.

How can Access to Work help?

Your employer must make certain changes to make sure that you’re not substantially disadvantaged when doing your job – these are known as “reasonable adjustments”.  These could include providing you with assistive technology, such as a standard Caption.Ed license. 

However, if the help you need at work is not covered by your employers making reasonable adjustments, you may be able to get a grant to purchase Caption.Ed through Access to Work. 

You can read more about Access to Work on the government's website here.

You can apply for an Access to Work Grant here.

You can renew your Access to Work Grant here.

Once you've been approved for an Access to Work grant, you can order Caption.Ed via Access to Work here.

I've received a Caption.Ed license code through Access to Work, what do I do next?

If you've been approved for an Access to Work grant and have been sent a Caption.Ed license key, you'll have to create a free account and redeem your license. 

We've covered the steps of how to do this here: I've been given a Caption.Ed license key through the DSA/AtW, how do I get started?

I'm an Access to Work assessor, how can I learn more about Caption.Ed?

If you're an Access to Work assessor and want to learn more about how Caption.Ed can support your clients, contact us at [email protected].

Have any questions? You can submit a ticket to our support team or email us directly at [email protected] 

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.