Help Centre
Open navigation

Disabled Students' Allowance ("DSA") license

The Disabled Students' Allowance ("DSA") is a UK government-funded scheme to cover study-related costs for people with psychical and/or mental health conditions in higher education. 

Depending on the needs of the individual, the scheme can help pay for specialist software, like Caption.Ed, as well as adaptive equipment, a support worker, and more.

How can the DSA help?

You can apply for the DSA through Student Finance England. The details of how to do this are covered in the government’s website here.

Once your eligibility for DSA is confirmed, Student Finance England will ask you to attend a “needs assessment”, where an assessor works with you to find out what support you need, and wether Caption.Ed is right for you.

I've been given a Caption.Ed license code through the DSA, what do I do next?

If you’ve been approved for a DSA grant and have been sent a Caption.Ed license key, you’ll have to create a free account and redeem your license.

We’ve covered the steps of how to do this here: I've been given a Caption.Ed license key through the DSA/AtW, how do I get started?

I'm a DSA needs assessor, how can I learn more about Caption.Ed?

If you’re a DSA assessor and want to learn more about how Caption.Ed can support your clients, contact us at [email protected].

Have any questions? You can submit a ticket to our support team or email us directly at [email protected] 

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.