Here is a guide to using Caption.Ed alongside the popular application Skype. You will need a license to Caption.Ed and access to Skype.
Using Caption.Ed desktop with Skype
Using Caption.Ed desktop you have the option to open and caption the Skype meeting within the Skype app or in the browser using Skype Web.
The video below is a very brief overview of using Caption.Ed with Skype.
Below are instructions on how to use Caption.Ed desktop with Skype:
- Open your Skype meeting or call.
- Open Caption.Ed desktop application.
- Click the 'audio input' button, and select 'applications'.
- Click the 'start' icon.
- This will open the captioning bar, and when attendees speak captions are provided on the screen.
If you need more guidance on how to use Caption.Ed for desktop click here.
Do you want to see captions for your own spoken audio too?
If you want to see captions for both your spoken audio and that of your attendees, then you will need to change the 'audio input' setting to 'microphone'. You will then see text for your spoken audio and the audio of the attendees.
Using Caption.Ed browser-based application with Skype.
If you are wanting to use the Caption.Ed browser-based application then you must open the Skype meeting within the browser.
You can open a Skype meeting or call in the browser by signing into the Skype web page with a supported desktop browser, you can easily make and receive Skype audio and video calls with another individual or with multiple people. You can chat with another person or with groups. With the latest version of Skype for Web, you can record your calls, check notifications of missed calls, and search for keywords within your messages. Skype on the Web is supported only in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and other Chromium-based browsers.
- Launch one of the compatible browsers and open the site for Skype for Web.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account.
- From your Recent Calls or Contacts, select the person you want to call.
- Click the Video Call or Audio Call icon in the upper right depending on which type of call you want to make.
Once you've started the Skype meeting in your browser, you can then use the Caption.Ed browser application to caption.
- Once the Skype session is running in your browser, open the Caption.Ed application.
- Click the start icon.
- This will add the captioning bar on your screen and text will appear as your attendees speak.
If you need further information on how to use the Caption.Ed browser application click here.
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]